Josephine Community Library District uses its 2017-2020 Strategic Direction (pdf) to guide its decisions and operating work plan. The FY 2017-18 Annual Report (pdf) describes progress against the strategic direction and work plan for the first year. See the sections below for details about both.
Immediately after the May 2017 election and the formation of the Josephine Community Library District in June, the newly elected district board of directors started the deep and careful work of developing the district’s three-year strategic plan. Working in intensive meetings from June through November, the board identified:
- The vision: The ideal future state the library is to create.
- The mission: The library’s purpose and reason for being.
- The values: The fundamental beliefs that shape how library leaders, volunteers, and staff work together.
- The reputation: What the library should be known for.
- The position: What unique and sustainable value the library delivers.
- The imperatives, or goals: What must be accomplished over the next three years.
- The objectives, or measurements: How will success be measured.
- The initiatives, or activities: What actions does the library need to take to achieve the goals.
The result is the 2017-2020 Strategic Direction (pdf) for Josephine Community Library District, which the board adopted on November 9, 2017. This plan now forms the basis for the library’s decisions and operations for the next three years. Click the image below to see a larger view.
The FY 2017-18 Annual Report (pdf) describes progress against the strategic direction and work plan for the library district’s first year. For more in-depth details, see the FY 2017-18 Annual Report for the Josephine Community Library District Board of Directors (pdf). This includes information about strategic planning, programs and services, people and systems, finance and administration, partners, communications, and facilities.