Join the fun at the Josephine Community Libraries legen’dairy’ annual Cow Scrabble Tournament! This signature fundraising event will be held on Saturday, May 20 from 10:30 am to 3:30 pm at the Grants Pass High School Commons located at 830 NE Ninth Street in Grants Pass. Check-in begins at 10:15 am and play starts at 10:45 with four 45-minute Scrabble games and breaks between each game. Play is expected to end around 3 pm, with prizes awarded afterwards.
Cow Scrabble is a tournament where individuals and local business-sponsored teams compete against each-udder during four consecutive Scrabble games for points. Teams compete for the coveted Cow Scrabble trophy, Josephine, “Josie” and to be crowned the “Smartest Business in Town.” Currently, Josie resides with the reigning champs at The Powderhorn Café. It’s a moo year — where will this lovable bovine graze next?
Steak-out the competition and round up a herd of friends to join the fun. Individuals will have ‘udder’-ly exciting chances to win a bushel-load of prizes, competing for the best word, highest points, and the highest total score…not to mention bragging rights for the entire year!
This exciting afternoon of game play will be a blast and will help raise ‘moo’lah for our libraries! To become a business sponsor team, or register as an individual player, contact JCLI Resource Development Manager Rebecca Stoltz, 541-476-0571 x114.
Cow Scrabble Champs “free agent” draft
The library is auctioning off some of the highest scoring players from last year’s tournament. These free agents are up for grabs, so here’s your chance to bag a ringer for your team and bring home the coveted cow trophy, “Josie.”
Cow Scrabble champs Pat and Sue Fahey, Lisa Volkert, and Dr. David Appleby are up for the taking. The player auction will begin at 1 p.m. on Monday, May 8 and will close on Friday, May 12 at 3 p.m.
- To place a bid, contact the Cow Co’moo’ssioner Rebecca Stoltz by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 541-476-0571 x114.
- Write the player’s name when you place your bid by email.
- Bids are placed in increments of $25 at a time.
- You will be notified by email or phone if you are outbid and you will be given the option to raise your bid at that time.
Cow Plop Bingo
Also taking place on May 20 at Grants Pass High School from noon “until we’re pooped,” Cow Plop Bingo consists of a real cow wandering a chalked grid, with the winner determined by where the cow “plops” its first cow pie.
The ‘steaks’ have never been higher. Purchase tickets today at $20 each or five for $100 for the chance to win one of this year’s a‘moo’zing prizes:
- A barbecue grill donated by Diamond Home Improvement and 150 pounds of locally raised grass-fed beef donated by Wolf Creek’s Red Gate Ranch Farm.
- A Hellgate Jetboat Excursion trip for eight people.
- Two night stay for two at the Running Y Ranch Resort including two 18-hole rounds of golf for two people.
Tickets are on sale at all four branches of the library. You can also click this Donate button to securely purchase tickets online. Be sure to add a note specifying that your donation is for Cow Plop Bingo tickets. We will contact you with your ticket numbers as soon as payment is received. Winner need not be present to claim reward. All proceeds go directly to the library.