The Grants Pass Friends of the Library is grateful for donations from patrons. Donations are accepted during open hours.
In some cases, donated items may be placed into circulation by Josephine Community Library District. Other acceptable donations will be sold in the Friends of the Library book sales, with proceeds benefiting the Grants Pass library. Upon request, a receipt for your donation can be provided for tax purposes.
Please understand that, while donations are greatly appreciated, strict adherence to the following guidelines is necessary due to limited storage space. Many donations cannot be accepted due to condition, age, and/or origin.
Please note that the following items are not accepted:
- hardcover fiction books without a dust jacket
- books showing damage due to water, insects, mold, or mildew
- books with torn covers, missing pages, or broken bindings
- children’s books that have been scribbled in, chewed, or torn
- Textbooks, elementary through college
- Magazines and periodicals
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- VHS tapes
- Audio cassettes
- Home-made CDs, DVDs, or VHS videocassettes
- Yard-sale “leftovers” which may include any of the above
- books on any of the following subjects published prior to 2013: computers, family relationships, publisher’s proofs, spiritual, inspirational, health, diet, medical
- Grants Pass Goodwill
1101 NE D Street, Grants Pass
- Salvation Army Thrift Store
611 SE 6th Street, Grants Pass
- Gospel Rescue Mission’s Second Chance Thrift Store
120 SE J Street, Grants Pass
- Gospel Rescue Mission’s Community Recycling Center
1010 SW Foundry Street, Grants Pass