We all want our children to grow up happy and healthy. The library can help. We can connect you to print and online resources, and even local contacts, whatever the subject.
Baby Signs!Doug Abrams
Love and Logic Magic For Early ChildhoodCharles Faye, Ph.D.
Parenting Guide to Your ToddlerParenting Magazine Editors
Pregnancy PlannerEditors of Parenting Magazine
The Power of Showing UpTina Payne Bryson
Life Kit: Parenting
NPR brings us science and experts to get through the toughest parenting moments.
Little Kids, Big Questions
Zero to Three discusses how babies begin to develop self-control in the first 3 years.
We Are Family
We Are Family shines a light on the beautiful diversity of today’s families.
Reading, watching, learning
- COMMON SENSE MEDIA
- Find reviews for what your kids want to watch before they watch it. These trusted ratings are created with families in mind.
- READING ROCKETS
- Reading Rockets is a national public media literacy initiative offering information and resources on how young kids learn to read, why so many struggle, and how caring adults can help.
- Understood focuses on empowering people who learn and think differently and those who support them, offering customized, accessible resources and a compassionate community.
- Just in Time Parenting
- This free parenting newsletter is delivered by email and specific to your child’s age and needs.
- SESAME STREET IN COMMUNITIES
- Find lessons and fun activities to help navigate all sorts of milestones, life lessons, and tough conversations. There’s even a whole section on health and hygiene.
- Talking to children about COVID
- Kids worry more when they're kept in the dark. Here is some advice from the experts at the Child Mind Institute.
- A great resource to locate childcare providers, foster parent support, and more. Visit 211info
- family connection
- The Family Connection is the regional parenting hub of Jackson and Josephine counties. They provide parents with community resources and opportunities to learn and gain effective parenting skills, while building peer support networks. visit the family connection