Although you can search through the nearly 50 available databases individually, you can also do an all-in-one search. Discover a great collection of articles gleaned from thousands of magazines, journals, newspapers, and books along with videos, images, and audio. PowerSearch is a great place to start searching for any topic.
- Books & Authors
- This collection makes exploration of genre fiction and essential non-fiction fun! By leveraging our entire award-winning What Do I Read Next? collection, patrons, and students alike can be sure that their next big read comes with a BIG recommendation.
Culinary Arts Collection
Gathered here are 150 of the major cooking and nutrition magazines and academic journals covering all aspects of cooking and nutrition. The database contains thousands of searchable recipes, restaurant reviews, and industry information.
- Fine Arts and Music Collection
- This collection offers access to scholarly journals and magazines that support research in areas including drama, music, art history, and film-making. The database emphasizes full-text content for publications included in the Wilson Art Index and RILM bibliography.
- Gardening, Landscape and Horticulture Collection
- 50 industry journals are compiled here for farmers, landscape architects, and biotechnologists, covering practical aspects as well as the scientific theory of horticulture studies.
- Home Improvement Collection
- A collection of nearly 100 home improvement focused titles for professionals and hobbyists alike, including topics such as architectural techniques, tool and material selection, and zoning requirements.
- Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure Collection
Access to more than 500 scholarly journals, magazines, and trade publications in this collection provides well-rounded coverage of both the historical and current state of affairs in the hospitality and tourism field, including cultural and economic aspects.
Offers access to literary works and authors throughout history and includes more than 150,000 full-text poems and 800,000+ poetry citations, as well as short stories, speeches, and plays. Also includes secondary materials like biographies and images.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context
The one-stop source for information on today’s hottest social issues, this resource features viewpoint articles, topic overviews, full-text articles, primary source documents, statistics, images and podcasts, and links to websites.
- Pop Culture Collection
- This collection provides access to scholarly journals and magazines that both analyze and contribute to popular culture. The database offers useful information for researchers in social science, history, art or liberal arts courses.