Although you can search through the nearly 50 available databases individually, you can also do an all-in-one search. Discover a great collection of articles gleaned from thousands of magazines, journals, newspapers, and books along with videos, images, and audio. PowerSearch is a great place to start searching for any topic.
- Agriculture Collection
- From practical aspects of farming to cutting edge scientific research in horticulture, this collection provides a comprehensive view of agriculture and its related fields, drawn from nearly 200 titles.
- Communications and Mass Media Collection
- From marketing professionals to students studying for advanced degrees in linguistic theory, this collection provides current and accurate information from more than 100 journals focused on all aspects of communications. Subjects covered include advertising and public relations, literature and writing, linguistics, and more.
- Computers and Technology
- Use this collection to find computer-related product introductions, news and reviews in areas such as hardware, software, electronics, engineering, communications and the application of technology.
- Criminal Justice Collection
- Search here from 150 industry and academic journals and magazines in criminal justice, law enforcement, and legal studies, and related fields. Key subjects covered in the database include law, law enforcement, security, and terrorism.
- Culinary Arts Collection
- 150 of the major cooking and nutrition magazines are gathered here, with thousands of searchable recipes, restaurant reviews, and industry information.
Those studying to get their Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) can review their knowledge with the online CDL driver’s manual and 10 CDL practice tests. Other materials include drivers’ manuals and practice tests for cars and motorcycles, all specific to Oregon.
- Educator’s Reference Complete
- This database covers multiple levels of education from preschool to college, and every educational specialty — such as technology, bilingual education, health education, and testing. This collection also covers issues in administration, funding and policy.
- Environmental Studies and Policy Collection
- This database presents multiple viewpoints of this volatile field of study, including perspectives from the scientific community, governmental policy makers, as well as corporate interests.
- General Science Collection
- Access scholarly journals and magazines covering the latest scientific developments. Key subjects covered by the database include biological sciences, computing, engineering, and technology.
- GREENR (Global Reference on the Environment, Energy, and Natural Resources)
- This resource offers authoritative content on the development of emerging green technologies and discusses issues on the environment, sustainability and more, with maps, multimedia, and case studies.
- Home Improvement Collection
- A collection of nearly 100 home improvement focused titles for professionals and hobbyists alike, including topics such as architectural techniques, tool and material selection, and zoning requirements.
- Information Science and Library Issues
- Access scholarly journals and trade publications essential for information professionals and other knowledge workers. The database offers coverage of topics including information infrastructure, metadata architecture, publishing, and more.
- Insurance & Liability Collection
- Academic journals and trade publications that cover the insurance industry and topics such as labor relations, mortgage banking, legal issues, and more. This database offers content of interest to individual property owners and multinational corporations alike.
- Students, law school faculty, and legal researchers will find indexing and selective full-text for all major law reviews, law journals, specialty law and bar association journals, and legal newspapers. This collection includes federal and state cases, laws and regulations, legal practice and taxation, as well as international law.
- Oregon School Library Information System (OSLIS)
OSLIS for Elementary Educators and Secondary Educators includes resources to help their students learn research techniques, find information, and properly cite sources. Also included are professional resources to support information literacy instruction.