Although these information resources are of use to students from elementary to college, adults of all ages will find many of these resources helpful for their information needs.
Although you can search through the nearly 50 available databases individually, you can also do an all-in-one search through them all. Discover a great collection of articles gleaned from thousands of magazines, journals, newspapers, and books along with videos, images, and audio.
- Academic OneFile
- Look here for peer-reviewed, full-text articles from the world’s leading journals and reference sources. With millions of articles available in both PDF and HTML full-text with no restrictions, researchers are able to find accurate information quickly.
- High School (high school)
- Designed for high school students, this database provides content that reinforces the development of skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, communication, collaboration, creativity, and innovation.
- High School Edition (high school)
- Information on high school research topics plus pop culture, sports, and more.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context
- Continuously updated information and opinions cover hot issues.
- U.S. History in Context
- Academic articles, videos, primary documents, and more on topics in U.S. history.
- World History
- Access to scholarly journals and magazines useful to both novice historians as well as advanced academic researchers. The database offers balanced coverage of events in world history and scholarly work being established in the field.
- Driving Tests
Drivers and those studying to get their license from the Department of Motor Vehicles can practice their skills and build knowledge using the free driving tests online resource. Materials include drivers’ manuals and practice tests for cars, motorcycles, and commercial driver’s licenses specific to Oregon.
Oregon School Library Information System
The Oregon School Library Information System (OSLIS) includes resources to help secondary school-aged students learn to research, find information, and properly cite sources.