Online learning resources
Explore these online tools for homework help, useful skill building, online community, and other amusing and productive activities.
Audiobooks and ebooks
- Practice hands-on scientific study, watch videos, and dig into other interactive features in more than 50 complete units. Visit ScienceFlix
- Kahn Academy
- Kahn Academy is a great backup when you can’t see your teachers every day at school. Join to get personalized help with what you’re studying at school or to learn something totally new. Visit Kahn Academy
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- Scholastic is offering four learning experiences each day to keep up a learning routine while you’re out of the classroom. Just find your grade level and dive in! Visit Scholastic Learn at Home
- Google Scholar
- Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. From one place, you can search across many disciplines and sources: articles, theses, books, abstracts, and court opinions from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities, and other web sites. Visit Google Scholar
- High School Edition
- Information on high school research topics plus pop culture, sports, and more. Visit High School Edition
College and careers
- College Dreams
- College Dreams serves middle school and high school students in southern Oregon to help increase access to opportunities, remove barriers, and prepare low-income, first-generation, and underrepresented youth to thrive in school, college, and careers.
- Josephine County Educational Fund
- Josephine County Educational Fund provides scholarships and grants to students in schools throughout southern Oregon with a focus on Josephine County. Awards are based on demonstrated leadership and co-curricular activities, academics, and need.
- Federal Student Aid
- The Department of Education's office of Federal Student Aid provides more than $120 billion in financial aid to help pay for college or career school.
- Next Up
- Next Up amplifies the voice and leadership of diverse young people to achieve a more just and equitable Oregon.
- Microsoft Digital Skills
- Pay attention to your online persona and take steps to ensure it stays positive — both personally and professionally.
- Through animated videos, short films, games, and interactive comics, NSTeens teaches teens and tweens about making safer choices online.
- IGN offers sharp opinions and groundbreaking content for games and entertainment.
- GameSpot provides news, reviews, previews, downloads, and other information about video games.
- GamesRadar+ is an entertainment website dedicated to video game-related news, previews, and reviews.
- Blink Fitness
- Take fitness classes at home via Facebook Live. Blink Fitness classes are available weekdays at 5 pm. They also offer tips to help you stay motivated and answer visitor questions.
- CorePower Yoga
- CorePower Yoga is offering free access to a collection of online yoga and meditation classes.
- Calm.com has assembled some hand-picked content to help support mental health and emotional wellness during the COVID19 pandemic.