You can “borrow a librarian” to give short presentations or in-depth workshops to your community group, organization staff, or other gathering. Presentations can range from 10 minutes to two hours. Topics can include any of the following, or you can suggest a topic:
- Library resources overview
- Online references and other resources
- Downloading and borrowing eBooks with Library2Go
- Building skills and taking practice exams with LearningExpress Library or SkillSoft
- Advanced online search techniques
Your group might also be interested in a “field trip” to the library for a tour, demonstration of resources, and hands-on practice.
Depending on your needs, a knowledgeable library volunteer can conduct the presentation, or the JCLI librarian or other staff member can help. You can even “borrow a librarian” for a one-on-one conversation about your particular information reference needs.
To request a speaker or to schedule a one-on-one session, complete and submit the following form: