Magazines and newspapers
Access publications on subjects ranging from health and wellness to entrepreneurship, as well as local, regional, and national news sources.
We count on our local media outlets to keep us informed about what is happening in our community. Investigative journalism helps all of us keep tabs on government, business, and community interests and holds us all, as a community, to a higher standard. The library offers access to local, national, and international media through the Popular Magazine database. There, you can find reliable information about everything from health and wellness to middle school and high school fine art and literary criticism.
Historic Oregon newspapers
Search and access complete content for historic Oregon newspapers that have been digitized as part of the Oregon Digital Newspaper Program. This full-text searchable database contains more than 1,300,000 pages from Oregon newspapers published between 1846 and 2020.
This innovative full-text newspaper resource allows you to search articles instantly by title, headline, date, author, newspaper section, or other fields.NEWS PUBLICATIONS
The most popular and current magazines available from all of the Gale resources, including magazines focused on current events, sports, science, and health issues.Popular Magazines
Local news publications
- Grants Pass Daily Courier
- Grants Pass Daily Courier is an independent, family-owned daily newspaper published in Grants Pass, Oregon, since 1895. This historical and contemporary newspaper covers Grants Pass and the surrounding area and is delivered throughout Josephine County, as well as parts of Jackson and Douglas counties. GRANTS PASS DAILY COURIER
- Illinois Valley News
- Illinois Valley News is a weekly newspaper published out of Cave Junction and distributed throughout Josephine County. It has a circulation of about 2,650. ILLINOIS VALLEY NEWS
- Jefferson Journal
- Jefferson Journal is a magazine published by Jefferson Public Radio for its members, featuring articles, columns, and reviews about living in southern Oregon and northern California. The magazine also includes program listings for JPR's network of radio stations. The publication's bi-monthly circulation is approximately 10,000. JEFFERSON JOURNAL
- Josephine County Eagle
- With the help of a few donors and advertisers, the Eagle was launched in April 2021 serving Josephine County. JOSEPHINE COUNTY EAGLE
- Rogue Valley Times
- The Rogue Valley Times covers news and events in the Rogue Valley. Rogue Valley Times
- Sneak Preview
- Sneak Preview has been covering local news in the Rogue Valley since 1986. Nearly 100,000 copies are distributed each month in four separate publications uniquely serving Grants Pass, Ashland, Medford, and Talent. SNEAK PREVIEW
- Southern Oregon Family Magazine
- Find local family-friendly events, children's activities, parenting resources, and more. Southern Oregon Family Magazine
- Southern Oregon Magazine
- Southern Oregon Magazine is a lifestyle magazine, covering the arts, food, wine and beer, local travel, health and fitness, home and garden, sustainability issues, and the environment in southern Oregon. Complimentary copies are delivered to locations between Ashland and Grants Pass. SOUTHERN OREGON MAGAZINE