Magazines and newspapers
Access publications on subjects ranging from health and wellness to entrepreneurship, as well as local, regional, and national news sources.
We count on our local media outlets to keep us informed about what is happening in our community. Investigative journalism helps all of us keep tabs on government, business and community interests and holds us all, as a community, to a higher standard. The library offers access to local, national and international media through the Popular Magazine database. There, you can find reliable information about everything from health and wellness to middle school and high school fine art and literary criticism.
This innovative full-text newspaper resource allows you to search articles instantly by title, headline, date, author, newspaper section, or other fields.NEWS PUBLICATIONS
The most popular and current magazines available from all of the Gale resources includes the most searched magazines focusing on current events, sports, science and health issues.Popular Magazines
Historic Oregon newspapers
Search and access complete content for historic Oregon newspapers that have been digitized as part of the Oregon Digital Newspaper Program. This full-text searchable database contains more than 1,300,000 pages from Oregon newspapers published between 1846 and 2020.
Local news publications
- Grants Pass Daily Courier
- The Grants Pass Daily Courier is an independent, family-owned daily newspaper published in Grants Pass, Oregon, since 1895. This historical and contemporary newspaper covers Grants Pass and the surrounding area and is delivered throughout Josephine County, as well as parts of Jackson and Douglas counties. VISIT THE DAILY COURIER
- Illinois Valley News
- The Illinois Valley News is a weekly newspaper published out of Cave Junction and distributed throughout Josephine County. It has a circulation of about 2,650. VISIT THE ILLINOIS VALLEY NEWS
- Jefferson Journal
- The Jefferson Journal is a magazine published by Jefferson Public Radio for its members, featuring articles, columns, and reviews about living in southern Oregon and northern California. The magazine also includes program listings for JPR's network of radio stations. The publication's bi-monthly circulation is approximately 10,000. VISIT THE JEFFERSON JOURNAL
- Sneak Preview
- The Sneak Preview has been covering local news in the Rogue Valley since 1986. Nearly 100,000 copies are distributed each month in four separate publications uniquely serving Grants Pass, Ashland, Medford and Talent. VISIT THE SNEAK PREVIEW
- Southern Oregon Magazine
- Southern Oregon Magazine is a lifestyle magazine, covering the arts, food, wine and beer, local travel, health and fitness, home and garden, sustainability issues and the environment in southern Oregon. Complimentary copies are delivered to locations between Ashland and Grants Pass. Copies are available for purchase on newsstands throughout the state. VISIT SOUTHERN OREGON MAGAZINE