Whether you’re looking for local events or want to explore organizations that support the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ) community and their allies, the library has resources to point you in the right direction.
Recommended reading for all ages
A history of my brief bodyBilly-Ray Belcourt
Beyond the Gender BinaryAlok Vaid-Menon
Birdie and MeJ. M. M. Nuanez
Black girl, call home by Jasmine MansJasmine Mans
Check, PleaseNgozi Ukazu
ElatsoeDarcie Little Badger
Fairest: a MemoirMeredith Talusan
Fun HomeAlison Bechdel
Homie: poemsDanez Smith
How Poetry Saved My LifeAmber Dawn
How We Fight for Our LivesSaeed Jones
In the dream house: a memoirCarmen Maria Machado
Infinity SonAdam Silvera
Ivy Aberdeen’s Letter to the WorldAshley Herring Black
Julián at the WeddingJessica Love
King and the DragonfliesKacen Callender
Queer: a graphic historyMeg-John Barker
The Best at ItMaulik Pancholy
You Should See Me in a CrownLeah Johnson
JosephineLINK community resource guide
Find up-to-date information for hundreds of community organizations — legal assistance, LGBTQ+ resources, volunteer opportunities, and more.Browse local LGBTQ+ resources
Southern Oregon LGBTQ Facebook
Find information, news, and local events for the LGBTQ+ community in Southern Oregon. Southern Oregon LGBTQ Resources invites those organizing or involved in organizing the events to become admins of the site.Visit Southern Oregon LGBTQ
- Out in the Open
- Out in the Open connects rural LGBTQ people to build community, visibility, knowledge, and power.
- Pride Northwest
- Pride Northwest's mission is to encourage and celebrate the positive diversity of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and trans communities, and to assist in the education of all people through the development of activities that showcase the history, accomplishments, and talents of these communities.
- Rogue Action Center
- The Rogue Action Center LGBTQ+ Listening Project was founded in 2019 to map the assets, challenges, and resources needed in the LGBTQ+ community in Jackson & Josephine counties and to boldly vision a thriving LGBTQ+ movement in our area.
- Sage Connect
- SAGEConnect matches LGBTQ+ elders with community members and allies who want to connect during this time of crisis. Share your day. Share your stories.
- Collin Higgins Foundation
- The Colin Higgins Foundation is dedicated to supporting LGBTQ+ youth in underserved communities and the programs and organizations that foster and build their leadership and empowerment.
- GLSEN works to ensure that LGBTQ students are able to learn and grow in a school environment free from bullying and harassment.
- GSA Network
- GSA Network is a next-generation LGBTQ racial and gender justice organization that empowers and trains queer, trans and allied youth leaders to advocate, organize, and mobilize an intersectional movement for safer schools and healthier communities.
- Trans Student Education Resources
- Trans Student Educational Resources is a youth-led organization dedicated to transforming the educational environment for trans and gender nonconforming students through advocacy and empowerment.
Learn about LGBTQ+ rights and equality
- Basic Rights Oregon
- The mission of Basic Rights Oregon is to ensure that all lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer Oregonians experience equality by building a broad and inclusive politically powerful movement, shifting public opinion, and achieving policy victories. Learn more
- Chamber of Commerce
- Read about the history and current status of LGBTQ+ rights in the workplace. Oregon is one of 23 states that have the highest level of LGBTQ employment discrimination protections in place, banning discrimination against sexual orientation and gender identity in public and private employment. Learn more
- Human Rights Campaign
- The Human Rights Campaign is America’s largest civil rights organization working to achieve LQBTQ+ equality. Learn more
It Gets Better Project
Watch an endless stream of inspiring stories shared by people in the LGBTQ+ community, find local youth support services, and learn how to get involved.learn more
The Trevor Project
The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ+ people under age 25.learn more