Whether you’re looking for local events or want to explore organizations that support the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Plus community and their allies, the library has resources to point you in the right direction.
Recommended reading and more
¡Vivan las uñas de colores!Alicia Acosta
A dream of a womanCasey Plett
A natural history of transitionCallum Angus
CalvinRonald Martin Ford Jr.
Cheer Up! Love and PompomsCrystal Frasier
Chef’s KissT.J Alexander
Love that story: observations from a gorgeously queer lifeJonathan Van Ness
Love, VioletCharlotte Sullivan Wild
Queerfully and Wonderfully MadeLeigh Finke
Ten steps to Nanette: a memoir situationHannah Gadsby
The Prounoun BookChris Ayla-Kronos
This is Our RainbowKatherine Locke & Nicole Melleby
Queer Family and Friends of Grants Pass
Queer Family and Friends of Grants Pass provides support and resources for parents, family, and friends of LGBTQ+ people.Learn more
Southern Oregon LGBTQ+
Find local news and events for the LGBTQ+ community in Southern Oregon.Visit Southern Oregon LGBTQ+
- Rogue Action Center
- The Rogue Action Center maps the assets, challenges, and resources needed in the LGBTQ+ community in Josephine and Jackson County.
- Pride Northwest
- Pride Northwest's celebrates and showcases the history, accomplishments, and talents of LGBTQ+ communities.
- Southern Oregon LGBTQ+ Pen Pal Project
- Get in touch and make new friends!
Youth and YA resources
- The Rainbow Club
- RCC's LGBTQ+ club provides fun activities and support for the community.
- Collin Higgins Foundation
- Find support for LGBTQ+ youth in underserved communities.
- GLSEN works to help LGBTQ+ students learn and grow in a school environment free from bullying and harassment.
It Gets Better Project
Watch an endless stream of inspiring stories shared by people in the LGBTQ+ community, find local youth support services, and learn how to get involved.learn more
The Trevor Project
The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ+ people under age 25.learn more
Other LGBTQ+ resources
- COVID-19 Resources from Aging Service Providers
- Find a helpful collection of support for LGBTQ+ elders and caregivers. Learn more
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- The National Center for Transgender Equality advocates to change policies and society to increase understanding and acceptance of transgender people. Learn more
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Basic Rights Oregon aims to ensure that all LGBTQ+ Oregonians experience equality by building a politically powerful movement and achieving policy victories. Learn more
- El/La provides aid, resources, and improve quality of life for trans-Latinas. Learn more