Whether you’re looking for local events or want to explore organizations that support the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ) community and their allies, the library has resources to point you in the right direction.
Black girl, call home: PoemsJasmine Mans
Fireheart tigerAliette de Bodar
Golem Girl: A MemoirRiva Lehrer
The low, low woodsCarmen Maria Machado
Winter’s orbitEverina Maxwell
Learn about LGBTQ+ rights and equality
- Chamber of Commerce
- Read about the history and current status of LGBTQ+ rights in the workplace. Oregon is one of 23 states that have the highest level of LGBTQ employment discrimination protections in place, banning discrimination against sexual orientation and gender identity in public and private employment. Learn more
- Basic Rights Oregon
- The mission of Basic Rights Oregon is to ensure that all lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer Oregonians experience equality by building a broad and inclusive politically powerful movement, shifting public opinion, and achieving policy victories. Learn more
- Sage Connect
- SAGEConnect matches LGBTQ+ elders with community members and allies who want to connect during this time of crisis. Share your day. Share your stories.
- Pride Northwest
- Pride Northwest's mission is to encourage and celebrate the positive diversity of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and trans communities, and to assist in the education of all people through the development of activities that showcase the history, accomplishments, and talents of these communities.
- Pride Foundation
- Pride Foundation fuels transformational movements to advance equity and justice for LGBTQ+ people in all communities across the Northwest.
- Rogue Action Center
- The Rogue Action Center LGBTQ+ Listening Project was founded in 2019 to map the assets, challenges, and resources needed in the LGBTQ+ community in Jackson & Josephine counties and to boldly vision a thriving LGBTQ+ movement in our area.
- Collin Higgins Foundation
- The Colin Higgins Foundation is dedicated to supporting LGBTQ+ youth in underserved communities and the programs and organizations that foster and build their leadership and empowerment.
- GLSEN works to ensure that LGBTQ students are able to learn and grow in a school environment free from bullying and harassment.
- GSA Network
- GSA Network is a next-generation LGBTQ racial and gender justice organization that empowers and trains queer, trans and allied youth leaders to advocate, organize, and mobilize an intersectional movement for safer schools and healthier communities.
- Trans Student Education Resources
- Trans Student Educational Resources is a youth-led organization dedicated to transforming the educational environment for trans and gender nonconforming students through advocacy and empowerment.
It Gets Better Project
Watch an endless stream of inspiring stories shared by people in the LGBTQ+ community, find local youth support services, and learn how to get involved.learn more
The Trevor Project
The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ+ people under age 25.learn more