Access historic periodicals, browse books on Oregon’s history, and learn about upcoming lectures and special events.
Breaking Chains: slavery on trial in the Oregon TerritoryR. Gregory Nokes
Eden within Eden: Oregon’s utopian heritageJames J. Kopp
Oregon Wildland Firefighting: a historySean Davis
Requiem for a People: the Rogue Indians and the frontiersmenStephen Dow Beckham
Josephine County Historical Society
Experience stories and artifacts from Josephine County’s past.Learn more
Southern Oregon Historical Society
Explore the stories and artifacts of our common heritage.learn more
Dive-in to a specific subject
- Eugenics in Oregon
- Oregon was one of 33 states to enact eugenics law in America. Learn more through the State Library of Oregon.
- Oregon Black Pioneers
- Explore digital exhibits on the rich history of Black pioneers throughout Oregon.
- The Takelma Tribe Today
- The Takelma are a Native American people who originally lived in the Rogue Valley until they were forced to relocate in the mid-1850s.
Archives and encyclopedias
- Historic Oregon Newspapers
- Search and access complete content for historic Oregon newspapers dating back to 1946.
- NDNHistory Research
- Browse a collection of essays on the history and anthropology of Oregon's indigenous tribes.
- The Oregon Encyclopedia
- Explore everything from the Oregon Trail and Native Americans, to the arts and archeology of Oregon.