Outdoors and recreation
Whether you’re a nature novice or an experienced nature buff, our librarians have put together resources for anyone looking to spend more time outdoors.
Related reading and more
el cielo y el espacioVirgine Loubier
Heaven on earthL. S. Fauber
only oneDeborah Hopkinson
Simply astronomyAbigail Beall
starry skiesSamantha Chagollan
the blanket where violet sitsAllan Wolf
the care and feeding of a pet black holeMichelle Cuevas
the telescope in the iceMark Bowen
- Condors return to the Redwoods
- In March 2022, the first five California condors returned to the Redwoods! Learn about these birds and watch the live Condor cam.
- Wildlife Images
- Wildlife Images is a center for local animal ambassadors and rehabilitation center.
- Wildlife in Southern Oregon
- Visit zoos, wildlife rescue and rehabilitation centers, and more things to do all across Southern Oregon.
Explore southern Oregon
View a collection of kid-friendly waterfall adventures in Southern Oregon and the best times to visit.
View maps of all Oregon's hot springs and guides on hot spring safety.
Explore Oregon's High Desert, its trails, and learn how you can help keep Oregon's desert preserved.
View maps and descriptions of parks, museums, caves, tours, and hikes along Oregon's coast.
Find popular trails, hidden hikes, reviews by locals in Oregon and southwest Washington, and more.
Rivers and lakes
Check out Southern Oregon's rivers and lakes. Learn more about boating, rafting, and fishing.
Library of Things
The library brings you far more than just books these days. Check out a Josephine County Parks day-use pass, a telescope, a bike repair kit, and other recreational equipment for up to 10 days.Explore Library of Things
AllTrails: Trail guides & maps
Search thousands of trails with trail info, maps, reviews, and photos curated by millions of hikers, campers, and nature lovers.Visit AllTrails
Parks and camping
- Disc Golf Guide
- Learn all about disc golf in Grants Pass. Explore nature while staying active and having fun!
- Josephine County Parks and Campgrounds
- Find information about local parks and campgrounds and even view them with an interactive map.
- Travel Grants Pass
- Check out local areas for camping of all types.
- Hunting and Fishing Licenses
- Purchase a license and stay up-to-date on fishing and hunting for the state of Oregon.
- Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Explore fish and wildlife resources. Learn about habitats, fishing tools, and fishing safety.
- Oregon Fishing Map
- Find major fishing waters and travel routes to reach them.