Teaching and homeschooling
We’re committed to supporting a thriving educational community (public, private, online, and/or homeschool) and the educational success of the students that they serve.
Recommended reading and more
Building a better teacherElizabeth Green
Home learning year by yearRebecca Rupp
P.S.– we made thisErica Domesek
Play attention!Stephanie Parsons
Playful activities for reading readinessLatisha Hayes
The brave learnerJulie Bogart
The teacher warsDana Goldstein
Wild + free handcraftsAinsley Arment
Tips and guidance
- ¡Colorín, Colorado!
- ¡Colorín, Colorado! is a bilingual site for educators and families of English language learners.
- Homeschool.com connects families to curriculum, products, and services offered to the homeschooling community.
- Explore a library of original animated videos, create interactive lessons, and help curious students improve and gain new skills.
Daily lessons and more
- KAHN ACADEMY
- Join Kahn Academy to get personalized tutoring and homework help.
- MICROSOFT EDUCATION
- Middle school standards-based STEM lesson plans from Microsoft Education are written by teachers for teachers.
- THE LEARNING NETWORK
- Presented by The New York Times, The Learning Network offers access to a weekly collection of lesson plans, writing prompts, and activities for educators and students.
Local and statewide resources
- OREGON DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
- Access information on the process of notifying the local Education Service District office about homeschooling, homeschool testing, and frequently asked questions. visit OREGON DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
- OREGON HOME EDUCATION NETWORK
- OHEN is dedicated to providing information about homeschooling and promoting connection among homeschoolers. visit ohen
- SOUTHERN OREGON EDUCATION SERVICE DISTRICT
- Visit SOESD for information about homeschooling for families living in Josephine County including registration, testing, and contact information. visit SOESD