Teaching and homeschooling
We’re committed to supporting a thriving educational community (public, private, online, and/or homeschool) and the educational success of the students that they serve.
Learning without boundaries : how to make virtual schooling work for youConnections Academy
Teaching online : a practical guideSusan Schor Ko
Group tours and class visits
Schedule a library tour with library staff to learn all about services, events and programs, and how libraries work. Library tours are customizable to fit your students needs and age range — request an age-specific craft, activity, or a storytime to complete the tour!Schedule a library tour
Let us come to you to give you and your students information about the services and programs that we provide to youth and families. A library representative can include an age-appropriate activity with your students such as a mini-storytime, craft, or book-talk to complete the visit.Schedule a visit from a librarian
Tips and guidance
- ¡Colorín, Colorado!
- ¡Colorín, Colorado! is a bilingual site for educators and families of English language learners.
- Homeschool.com connects families with the information they need about curriculum, products, and services offered to the homeschooling community.
- Explore a library of original animated videos, create interactive lessons, and help curious students improve and gain new skills.
Daily lessons and more
- KAHN ACADEMY
- Kahn Academy is a great backup when you can't see your teachers every day at school. Join to get personalized homework help or to learn something totally new.
- MICROSOFT EDUCATION
- Middle school standards-based STEM lesson plans from Microsoft Education are written by teachers for teachers.
- THE LEARNING NETWORK
- Presented by The New York Times, The Learning Network offers access to a weekly collection of lesson plans, writing prompts, and activities for educators and students.
Local and statewide resources
- OREGON DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
- Access information on the process of notifying the local Education Service District office about homeschooling, homeschool testing, and frequently asked questions. visit OREGON DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
- OREGON HOME EDUCATION NETWORK
- OHEN is dedicated to providing information about homeschooling and promoting connection among homeschoolers. visit ohen
- SOUTHERN OREGON EDUCATION SERVICE DISTRICT
- Visit SOESD for information about homeschooling for families living in Josephine County including registration, testing, and contact information. visit SOESD