Health and wellness
Whether you want to try a new recipe, practice meditation, or do research on the latest health and wellness trends, our librarians are hard at work assembling online resources for our community.
Recommended reading and more
A la mesaInés Basterra
How does soap clean your hands?Madeline J. Hayes
Sabores de AméricaAna María Pavez
The Invisible Kingdom: reimagining chronic illnessMeghan O'Rourke
What Your Food Ate: How to heal our land and reclaim our healthDavid Montgomery
Yoga para niños: asanas de animales felicesLeila Kadri Oostendorp
Family Health and Fitness
- WhatsUpMoms is all about family-friendly recipes, hacks, parenting advice, DIYs, and so much more.
- Get Kids Moving
- Workout videos for your kids that are instructed by all your favorite movie and cartoon characters.
- Frugal Fit Mom
- Dive into finance, food, and fitness with Christine and her family. Discover new recipes, workout advice, and saving money tips.
Food for Kids
- Food Hero
- Food Hero is your go-to site for everything you need to know about food. Find healthy recipes, activities for kids, and food budgeting tips — all in English and Spanish.
- Kids Create with Zoe
- If you're looking for snacks, breakfast meals, or yummy treats, Zoe has plenty of playlists that you'll adore.
- How To Cook That
- Learn the ins-and-outs of cooking creative desserts, food safety, and even recreating ancient recipes.
- Therapy in a Nutshell
- Therapy in a Nutshell offers skills and psychological research condensed down into bite sized nuggets of help.
- Harvard Medical School
- Learn more about mental health through numerous short, informative articles on a variety of topics.
- SLEEPTUBE HYPNOTIC RELAXATION
- Calming music and visuals for sleep, relaxation, and meditation using a variety of proven techniques.
Mental health for youth
- Mental Health America
- Explore a variety of information and resources to encourage mental wellness in children.
- Mayo Clinic Mental Health for Children
- The symptoms of mental health conditions in children can be different than in adults. Learn what to watch for and how you can help.
- YouthLine is a free teen-to-teen support and helpline.
Local Health and Wellness
- WIC–Women, Infants, Children
- WIC is a free nutrition education program that helps families identify healthy nutrition choices that work for them. Nutrition education program. Supplemental foods provided via WIC debit card. Learn more
- Healthy U
- Located in Cave Junction, Healthy U is a professional resource center that promotes personal growth, physical wellbeing, and helps with life’s challenges in a warm, confidential, and affordable manner. Learn more
- Try out AllTrails to find the best trails for hiking, running, mountain biking, and even dog friendly trails! You will also find driving directions, photos, and detailed reviews from local hikers and campers. Learn more