Health and wellness
Whether you want to try a new recipe, practice meditation, or stay up-to-date with pandemic news, your librarians are hard at work assembling online resources for our community.
Recommended reading and more
Breaking Free from DepressionJesse H. Wright and Laura W. McCray
Breathe like a BearKira Willey
Chef juniorWill Bartlett
Clean EatsAlejandro Junger
Good and CheapLeanne Brown
Positively TeenNicola Morgan
Sabores de AméricaAna María Pavez
Social Media WellnessAna Homayoun
Yoga para niñosLeila Kadri Oostendorp
Your soul purposeKim Russo
- Therapy in a Nutshell
- Therapy in a Nutshell offers skills and psychological research condensed down into bite sized nuggets of help.
- Harvard Medical School
- Learn more about mental health through numerous short, informative articles on a variety of topics.
- SLEEPTUBE HYPNOTIC RELAXATION
- Calming music and visuals for sleep, relaxation, and meditation using a variety of proven techniques.
Mental health for youth
- Mental Health America
- Explore a variety of information and resources to encourage mental wellness in children.
- Mayo Clinic Mental Health for Children
- The symptoms of mental health conditions in children can be different than in adults. Learn what to watch for and how you can help.
- YouthLine is a free confidential teen-to-teen crisis and helpline. No problem is too big or too small for the YouthLine.
Health and Human Services—Eat Healthy
Take a small step to better nutrition today and move toward a healthier you.Learn more
Oregon State University Food Hero Program
Find easy, healthy recipes, shopping tips, advice on growing your own garden, and more.visit Food Hero
Family Health and Fitness
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
- Yoga, mindfulness and relaxation for kids. Interactive adventures which build strength, balance and confidence — and get kids into yoga and mindfulness early!
- Get Kids Moving
- Workout videos for your kids that are instructed by all your favorite movie and cartoon characters!
- Get advice on children’s health, behavior, and growth from before birth through teen years.
Food for Kids
- Omari Goes Wild
- Omari is a young vegan chef who loves cooking up delicious meals and snacks, checking out fun toys, gadgets, and array of other fun activities!
- Food Hero
- Food Hero is your go-to site for everything you need to know about food. Find healthy recipes, activities for kids, and food budgeting tips — all in English and Spanish.
- Pick Your Plate!
- Pick Your Plate! A Global Guide to Nutrition is an educational nutrition game that will help teach kids about building healthy meals while using nutritional guidelines from countries around the world!
Local Health and Wellness
- WIC–Women, Infants, Children
- WIC is a free nutrition education program that helps families identify healthy nutrition choices that work for them. Nutrition education program. Supplemental foods provided via WIC debit card. Learn more
- Healthy U
- Located in Cave Junction, Healthy U is a professional resource center that promotes personal growth, physical wellbeing, and helps with life’s challenges in a warm, confidential, and affordable manner. Learn more
- Try out AllTrails to find the best trails for hiking, running, mountain biking, and even dog friendly trails! You will also find driving directions, photos, and detailed reviews from local hikers and campers. Learn more