Connecting patrons to what they need is the library’s goal, but we also understand that patrons may be more comfortable researching some topics on their own.
Related reading and more
A teenager’s journey : overcoming a childhood of abuseRichard B. Pelzer
Dealing with suicidal thoughtsCaitlyn Miller
Full disclosureCamyrn Garrett
Stray : a memoirStephanie Danler
The opioid epidemic : what everyone needs to knowYngvild Olsen
Southern Oregon Living and Dying Alliance
Sponsors professionals in the fields of grief, caregiving for the dying and preparing for death workshops, events and support groups.Learn more
Senior Loneliness Line
This free service is designed for adults 55 and older living in Oregon who may be isolated or lonely.Learn more
Addiction, grief, and mental health
- Options provides an array of mental health and addiction programs in Josephine and Jackson Counties.
- On Track Rogue Valley
- Access treatment and support with substance use disorder and behavioral health.
- Relationship Recovery
- Relationship Recovery guides individuals through the ending of meaningful relationships, offering support, addressing boundaries, and facilitating rebuilding.
- Access mental health services to youth and young adults.
- Grants Pass Health Center
- Receive access to sexual and reproductive health care, testing, and education, with or without insurance.
- GP Pregnancy Care Center
- The Pregnancy Care Center provides connections to local physicians, community resources, practical support, and educational opportunities that address pregnancy information and life skills.
- Oregon AIDS/STD hotline
- Need help? Call 800-777-2437. Josephine County Public Health offers confidential testing for the following sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
Related resources and subject guides
Want to dive into a specific topic? Our subject guides got you covered.
Crisis and general support
- Women's Crisis Support Team
- WCST is a non-profit organization dedicated to ending the cycle of domestic violence and sexual assault in Josephine County through intervention, prevention, and safe shelter. Learn more
- Illinois Valley Safe House Alliance
- IVSHA intervenes by helping survivors achieve safety, build confidence, and take the first important steps on their healing path. Learn more
- Josephine County Veterans Services
- Explore Josephine County’s list of services, resources, and support groups that aid Veterans and their families. Learn more
- Grants Pass Vet Center
- Search for local Vet Centers and receive confidential help for Veterans, service members, and their families at no cost in a non-medical setting. Learn more
- Wounded Warriors Project
- The Wounded Warrior Project offers a variety of programs, services and events for wounded veterans who incurred a physical or mental injury, illnesses, or co-incident to their military service on or after September 11, 2001. Learn more